Friday, February 29, 2008

Maximus the melancholy

never trust a bird horse.
sure Mom told me that she'd be leasing Houston but I didn't believe her. Houston is a bird horse. he's bay and the only white on him is a killer bird on his hip. *he's a Quarter horse with a bird brand.*
so here was my morning. I was busy grazing in this little paddock (my incarceration has improved slightly. now I get outside time.) and there's Mom!!! Oh I could use a good grooming and some peppermint cookies! wait, she's walking right past me MOM I'M OVER HERE! she came over and said "Hi Max, are you being good today? I'll come play with you in a minute."
Then she took Houston out of his pasture. I was shocked. Hey, she's MY person NOT yours!! Houston looked apologetic, but next time I get the chance, I think I'll bite him.
Then I hear Mom coming out of the barn. well she comes out with Houston all tacked up and wearing MY saddle pad!!! he's definitely getting bitten. I mean hey, next he'll probably be wearing my bridle! HOW am I going to wear my bridle and gasp! put my bit in my mouth knowing that he's been there!

*this won't happen. Max's saddle, yes, but not his bit. wait till Max sees him wearing HIS saddle! :) *

they went into the indoor together and I listened all I could and you won't believe this. I heard her say "good boy"! GOOD BOY. that's mine too! she's not allowed to say that to other horses! I even heard her cheer! OH NO they had a good lesson! well fine.
then Mom and the interloper come back. Mom says "hey little buddy, I'll be there in a minute." She's grinning from ear to ear. Aunt Diane is telling her what a good job they did and what a good boy Houston is. then, oh sorrow, I hear a carrot snap. then she took the stupid bird horse to his pasture.
Mom did finally come to get me. I walked really slow and sad like. then she groomed me and curried all the shedding hair off of me. I had to make sure she still loves me so I nibbled her elbow and stared intently into her eyes. she said "oh little monkey I love you. You're my good boy" then she kissed my muzzle and shared breath with me. I even got my peppermint cookies. I guess this wasn't such a bad day after all.

No comments: